Child Care Provider - Private Home
EmployerPrestige Holdings and Investment Corp.
Date PostedJune 16, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $15.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 11, 2021
Prestige Holdings and Investment Corp.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) proficiency test
1 to less than 7 months
- School age (6 - 12 years)
- Kindergarten age (4 - 5 years)
- Wash, iron and press clothing and household linens
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Care for pets
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Supervise and care for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Help children with homework
Supervise and care for multi-aged group of children
Security and Safety
- Child welfare check
- Criminal record check
- Reference required
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Staff accommodation available
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Aug 11, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting to care for children in employers' residences; and to tend to the emotional well-being of children; may reside in employers' homes
Interest in handling to prepare and serve meals; to prepare formulas and change diapers for infants; and to perform other housekeeping duties; may be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child
Interest in copying employers' instructions to plan and oversee children's activities such as meals and rest periods; to discipline children according to the methods requested by the parent; to take children to and from school and to appointments; to maintain a healthy environment in the home; and in organizing activities such as games and outings to provide amusement and exercise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.