Posted on Apr 01, 2021 by Deepali Devi & Jigneshkumar Padhiyar
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $16.50 hourly
Work Hours 38 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date May 01, 2021
Deepali Devi & Jigneshkumar Padhiyar
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
Toddler to pre-school (1 - 3 years)
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Supervise and care for children
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas and change diapers for infants
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
Work Site Environment
Public transportation is available
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 01, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting to care for children in employers' residences; and to tend to the emotional well-being of children; may reside in employers' homes
Interest in handling to prepare and serve meals; to prepare formulas and change diapers for infants; and to perform other housekeeping duties; may be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child
Interest in copying employers' instructions to plan and oversee children's activities such as meals and rest periods; to discipline children according to the methods requested by the parent; to take children to and from school and to appointments; to maintain a healthy environment in the home; and in organizing activities such as games and outings to provide amusement and exercise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.