Child Caregiver - Private Home
Date PostedDecember 29, 2021
Location Fort McMurray, AB
Earnings $15.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 09, 2022
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Experience with Special Needs Children
- Children with a physical disability
- Children with learning disabilities
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- Emergency child care first aid and CPR
1 year to less than 2 years
School age (6 - 12 years)
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Employer's home
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Supervise and care for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Help children with homework
Supervise and care for twins
Security and Safety
- Child welfare check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Medical exam
- Drug test
- Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Staff accommodation available
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 09, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting to care for children in employers' residences; and to tend to the emotional well-being of children; may reside in employers' homes
Interest in handling to prepare and serve meals; to prepare formulas and change diapers for infants; and to perform other housekeeping duties; may be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child
Interest in copying employers' instructions to plan and oversee children's activities such as meals and rest periods; to discipline children according to the methods requested by the parent; to take children to and from school and to appointments; to maintain a healthy environment in the home; and in organizing activities such as games and outings to provide amusement and exercise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.