Child Caregiver - Private Home
EmployerOLUWADAMILOLA CORNELIUS AMUSAN
Date PostedJune 21, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $20.00 hourly
Work Hours 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 05, 2022
OLUWADAMILOLA CORNELIUS AMUSAN
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) proficiency test
1 year to less than 2 years
- Toddler to pre-school (1 - 3 years)
- Infant (3 months - 11 months)
- Kindergarten age (4 - 5 years)
- Wash, iron and press clothing and household linens
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Supervise and care for children
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas and change diapers for infants
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Care for foster children
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
Supervise and care for multi-aged group of children
Security and Safety
- Child abuse registry check
- Child welfare check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Medical exam
- Drug test
- Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Willing to travel regularly
- Travel expenses not paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Staff accommodation available
- Staff accommodation provided
- Room and board provided
- Urban area
- Health care plan
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
- On-site housing options
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- What is your current field of study?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting to care for children in employers' residences; and to tend to the emotional well-being of children; may reside in employers' homes
Interest in handling to prepare and serve meals; to prepare formulas and change diapers for infants; and to perform other housekeeping duties; may be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child
Interest in copying employers' instructions to plan and oversee children's activities such as meals and rest periods; to discipline children according to the methods requested by the parent; to take children to and from school and to appointments; to maintain a healthy environment in the home; and in organizing activities such as games and outings to provide amusement and exercise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.