Child Caregiver - Private Home
Date PostedJuly 26, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $17.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Sep 05, 2022
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work Site Environment
- Scent free
- Employer's home
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Room and board provided
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas and change diapers for infants
- Supervise and care for children
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Emergency child care first aid and CPR
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Supervise and care for multi-aged group of children
- Toddler to pre-school (1 - 3 years)
- Kindergarten age (4 - 5 years)
Security and Safety
- Child abuse registry check
- Child welfare check
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Medical exam
- Reference required
- Vulnerable sector check
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Overtime required
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
1 to less than 7 months
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting to care for children in employers' residences; and to tend to the emotional well-being of children; may reside in employers' homes
Interest in handling to prepare and serve meals; to prepare formulas and change diapers for infants; and to perform other housekeeping duties; may be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child
Interest in copying employers' instructions to plan and oversee children's activities such as meals and rest periods; to discipline children according to the methods requested by the parent; to take children to and from school and to appointments; to maintain a healthy environment in the home; and in organizing activities such as games and outings to provide amusement and exercise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.