Child Caregiver - Private Home
Date PostedSeptember 06, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $16.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Nov 01, 2022
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Employer's home
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas and change diapers for infants
- Supervise and care for children
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Help children with homework
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
Supervise and care for multi-aged group of children
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Reference required
- Vulnerable sector check
- Own vehicle
- Public transportation is not available
- Travel expenses not paid by employer
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Overtime required
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
5 years or more
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Free parking available
- Parking available
Interest in assisting to care for children in employers' residences; and to tend to the emotional well-being of children; may reside in employers' homes
Interest in handling to prepare and serve meals; to prepare formulas and change diapers for infants; and to perform other housekeeping duties; may be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child
Interest in copying employers' instructions to plan and oversee children's activities such as meals and rest periods; to discipline children according to the methods requested by the parent; to take children to and from school and to appointments; to maintain a healthy environment in the home; and in organizing activities such as games and outings to provide amusement and exercise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.