Circuit Breaker Mechanic
EmployerMSJ Electrical limited
Date PostedJune 19, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $41.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 19, 2022
MSJ Electrical limited
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Major Work Area
7 months to less than 1 year
Read and interpret blueprints
Area of Specialization
- Wind, assemble and install various types of coils
- Test and observe electrical and mechanical conditions of equipment
- Perform on-site servicing and repair
- Troubleshoot and repair electric motors, transformers, switchgear, generators and other electro-mechanical equipment
- Replace or recondition shafts, bearings, commutators and other components
- Test and repair or replace faulty wiring or components in electrical switchgear
- Test repaired motors, transformers, switchgear or other electrical apparatus to ensure proper performance
Security and Safety
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to perform static and dynamic balancing of armatures and rotors by welding, brazing and soldering electrical connections, and by aligning and adjusting parts
Interest in testing repaired motors, transformers, switchgear and other electrical apparatus to make sure they work properly
Interest in analyzing information to troubleshoot and repair motors, transformers, switchgear, generators and other electrical electro-mechanical equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.