EmployerSix Star Homes Inc
Date PostedSeptember 13, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $47.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 16, 2022
Six Star Homes Inc
Work site environment
- Construction company
- Willing to relocate
- Act as project or site supervisor for land survey or construction work
- Conduct feasibility studies, economic analyses, municipal and regional traffic studies, environmental impact studies or other investigations
- Conduct field services for civil works
- Conduct technical analyses of survey and field data for development of topographic, soil, hydrological or other information and prepare reports
- Confer with clients and other members of the engineering team and conduct research to determine project requirements
- Develop construction specifications and procedures
- Ensure construction plans meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations
- Establish and monitor construction work schedules
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials
- Interpret, review and approve survey and civil design work
- Monitor air, water and soil quality and develop procedures to clean up contaminated sites
- Prepare contract documents and review and evaluate tenders for construction projects
- Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Office
- Project management software
Area of work experience
- Installation, maintenance and inspection of equipment or facilities
Area of specialization
- Structural engineering
Security and safety
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Physically demanding
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
2 years to less than 3 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in synthesizing information to conduct research in order to determine project requirements, to develop construction specifications and procedures, and to conduct feasibility studies, economic analyses, municipal and regional traffic studies, environmental impact studies and other investigations
Interest in precision working to conduct technical analyses of survey and field data for development of topographic, soil, hydrological and other information; in conducting field services for civil works; and in monitoring air, water and soil quality and developing procedures to clean up contaminated sites
Interest in supervising technicians, technologists and other engineers; and in overseeing land surveys and construction work, in approving survey and civil design work, in evaluating and recommending building and construction materials, in approving designs, calculations and cost estimates, in ensuring that construction plans meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations, and in establishing and monitoring construction work schedules
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.