Posted on Nov 12, 2020 by Fresh Dry Cleaners Inc
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $15.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 12, 2020
Fresh Dry Cleaners Inc
No degree, certificate or diploma
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Washing machines
- Steam press (dry cleaners)
- Steam press (laundry)
- Shirt presser
- Hand-held steam irons
- Fur ironing and glazing machine
- Flat press
- Dry-cleaning machine
Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
Dry cleaning and laundry establishment
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
Dry Cleaning and Laundry Inspectors and Assemblers Specific Skills
- Record damage or improper cleaning or laundering of articles
- Check finished dry-cleaned or laundered articles to ensure that establishment standards are met
- Assemble and bag finished articles
- Use hand-held steam iron to touch up finished garments and other articles
Dry Cleaning and Laundry Machine Operators Specific Skills
- Operate machines to dye, spray, re-oil, and re-buff suede and leather garments
- Mix and add detergents, dyes, bleaches, starches and other solutions and chemicals
- Operate dry cleaning and washing machines, dryers and blow drying machines to clean and dry garments, draperies, cushion covers, sheets, blankets, furs and other articles
Ironing, Pressing and Finishing Workers Specific Skills
- Hand fold and bag shirts, sheets and other articles
- Operate finishing equipment such as steam pressers, and use hand irons to finish pants, jackets, shirts, skirts and other dry cleaned and laundered articles
- Hand iron laundered fine linens or dry-cleaned silk garments
- Operate fur ironing and glazing equipment to finish fur garments and other fur articles
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 12, 2020
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating machines to dry-clean dresses, suits, coats, sweaters and other garments, draperies, cushion covers and other articles, and to use washing machines and dryers to clean and dry garments, sheets, blankets, towels and other articles
Interest in comparing to dry-clean and launder garments and household articles
Interest in using specialized machines to clean and blow-dry fur garments, and to dry-clean, dye, spray, re-oil and re-buff suede and leather garments
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.