Clerk, Hotel Front Desk
EmployerBVR Investments Ltd
Date PostedJanuary 09, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $16.00 to $18.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 32 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 08, 2023
BVR Investments Ltd
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Hospitality industry
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Process group arrivals and departures
- Take, cancel and change room reservations
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services
- Provide general information about points of interest in the area
- Investigate and resolve complaints and claims
- Process guests' departures, calculate charges and receive payments
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Follow emergency and safety procedures
- Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying)
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Handle wake-up calls
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide customer service
Computer and technology knowledge
- Multi-line switchboard
- Word processing software
- Central reservation system (CRS)
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Travel expenses not paid by employer
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Experience an asset
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Team building opportunities
- Parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in speaking with people to provide information and respond to guests' complaints
Interest in compiling information for preparing and checking daily record sheets, guests' accounts, receipts and vouchers
Interest in operating computerized and manual systems to collect and verify guests' accounts
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.