Clerk, Meat Counter
EmployerLucky NE Edmonton LP
Date PostedJuly 29, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $15.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 36 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 28, 2022
Lucky NE Edmonton LP
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work Site Environment
- Supermarket/grocery store
- Supermarket and meat department
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Weigh meats for sale
- Sell meats to customers
- Remove bones from meat
- Price meat products
- Prepare special displays of meats, poultry and fish products
- Prepare special orders
- Grind meats
- Cut poultry into parts
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters
- Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Slicing machine
- Power grinder
- Manual cutting utensil
Security and Safety
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Positive attitude
- Quick learner
- Time management
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
Experience an asset
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Other benefits
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in computing to maintain sales records for inventory control; and in operating computerised inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
Interest in persuading to sell and rent merchandise to customers
Interest in handling to prepare merchandise for purchase, rental and leasing, and to assist in the display of merchandise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.