Posted on Jan 26, 2021 by ELITE MACHINING
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $33.27 hourly
Work Hours 30 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 5  Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 24, 2021
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- or equivalent experience
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Tool grinders
- Milling machines
- Engine lathes
- Computer numerical control (CNC) machines
- Electrical discharge machine (EDM)
- Honing machines
- Computer-aided design (CAD)
5 years or more
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
Program CNC machine tools
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Repair machine tools and parts
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables
- Fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- Set up and adjust production machineries/tools
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
Equipment, Systems and Controls Experience
NC and CNC systems
Mechanical Engineering Technologists Specific Skills
Design tools, moulds, jigs and fixtures
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Mar 24, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in setting up and programming machine tools for use by machining tool operators when required
Interest in performing precision machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations, and in planning best sequence of operations
Interest in compiling information to verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.