CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Machinist
EmployerNorthern Oil Tool Inc.
Date PostedDecember 15, 2021
Location Leduc, AB
Earnings $28.00 to $42.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 5  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 11, 2022
Northern Oil Tool Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Milling machines
- Cylindrical grinders
- Computer numerical control (CNC) machines
- Electrical discharge machine (EDM)
- Sawing machine
- Computer-aided design (CAD)
3 years to less than 5 years
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- Set up and adjust production machineries/tools
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Medical Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Vision Care Benefits
- Other Benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 11, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in setting up and programming machine tools for use by machining tool operators when required
Interest in performing precision machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations, and in planning best sequence of operations
Interest in compiling information to verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.