CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Machinist
EmployerAtlantis Industries Inc.
Date PostedNovember 07, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $35.00 to $48.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 07, 2022
Atlantis Industries Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Aviation/aerospace manufacturing
- Custom machine shop
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Operate and set up machines to perform repetitive machining operations
- Clean and maintain work space
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Enter codes specifying speed, feed and cut of the toolpath for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
Equipment and machinery experience
- Computer numerical control (CNC) machines
- Jig borer
- Milling machines
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Attention to detail
- Overtime required
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
Involves supporting green economy sectors
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Other benefits
Free parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in setting up and programming machine tools for use by machining tool operators when required
Interest in performing precision machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations, and in planning best sequence of operations
Interest in compiling information to verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.