Community And Social Services Worker
Date PostedSeptember 22, 2022
Location Vegreville, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $23.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 5  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 22, 2022
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- Personal and social adjustment and health (substance abuse, gambling, behaviour disorders)
- Programs dealing with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Programs dealing with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement the delivery of specific services within the community
- Housekeeping activities
- Food preparation
- Resolve conflict situations
- Supervise activities of clients living in group homes and half-way houses
- Implement behaviour management programs
- Maintain program statistics for purposes of evaluation and research
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Accompany clients to appointments and social outings
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Behaviour management Certification
- Community disability studies Certificate
- Developmental services worker¿(DSW)¿Training
- Mandt System training
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Child welfare check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
As per collective agreement
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Team building opportunities
- Travel insurance
- Wellness program
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in consulting with social assistance recipients and pensioners to advise and aid them in locating and utitizing a variety of community resources; in referring clients to other social services; in counselling clients living in group homes and halfway houses and assisting in pre-release and release planning; in providing crisis intervention and emergency-shelter services; and in co-ordinating volunteer activities of community and social services organizations
Interest in compiling information to participate in the selection and admission of clients to appropriate programs; to assess clients' relevant skill strengths and deficits; and in maintaining contact with other social service agencies and health care providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on clients' overall progress
Interest in assisting clients to sort out options and develop plans of action, and in implementing and organizing the delivery of life-skills workshops, substance-abuse treatment programs, behaviour management programs, youth services programs and other community and social service programs under the supervision of social workers and health care professionals
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.