Companion Animal Veterinarian
EmployerCypress View Veterinary Clinic Ltd.
Date PostedJanuary 10, 2022
Location Medicine Hat, AB
Earnings $7,500.00 monthly
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 09, 2022
Cypress View Veterinary Clinic Ltd.
Degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or optometry
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Licensure by provincial or territorial authorities
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association Certification
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds or performing surgery
- Diagnose diseases or abnormal conditions in individual animals, herds and flocks through physical examinations or laboratory tests
- Vaccinate animals to prevent and treat diseases
- Advise clients on feeding, housing, behaviour, breeding, hygiene and general care of animals
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, dentistry and euthanasia
- Perform routine, emergency and post-mortem examinations
Security and Safety
- Eligible for professional liability insurance
- Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Values and ethics
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 09, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating information to diagnose and treat sick and injured animals, and to prescribe medications; may conduct veterinary research, co-ordinate the operations of animal hospitals, clinics and mobile services to farms, and may enforce government regulations in disease control and food production including animal and animal-based food inspection
Interest in precision working with scientific instruments and medical equipment to diagnose diseases and perform surgery
Interest in mentoring by treating sick and injured animals, by advising clients on proper care of animals and by providing euthanasia services
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.