EmployerAxiom Concrete Finishing Ltd.
Date PostedJanuary 08, 2023
Location Genesee, AB
Earnings $31.00 to $39.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 10  Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 09, 2023
Axiom Concrete Finishing Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- Rural area
- Urban area
- Various locations
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures
Type of materials
- Colours and sealers
- Hardners and epoxies
- Light weight concrete
- Reinforcing membrane and protective covering
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Drug test
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Attention to detail
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Team player
2 years to less than 3 years
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating hand tools, power tools and power vibrators to compact concrete
Interest in copying information to fill hollows and remove high spots to smooth freshly poured concrete; and in applying hardening and sealing compounds to cure concrete surfaces
Interest in repairing, resurfacing and replacing worn and damaged sections of floors, walls, roads and other concrete structures
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.