Date PostedJanuary 16, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $30.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 10  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 15, 2023
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures
- Waterproof, damp proof and restore surfaces
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures
- Estimate costs and materials
- Client focus
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
7 months to less than 1 year
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating hand tools, power tools and power vibrators to compact concrete
Interest in copying information to fill hollows and remove high spots to smooth freshly poured concrete; and in applying hardening and sealing compounds to cure concrete surfaces
Interest in repairing, resurfacing and replacing worn and damaged sections of floors, walls, roads and other concrete structures
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.