Construction Cost Estimator
EmployerIndustrial Floor Systems Corp
Date PostedMay 31, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 30, 2022
Industrial Floor Systems Corp
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Major Work Area
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Take-off packages
- MS Excel
- Estimating packages
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Operate CADD and other computer software systems
Type of Experience
- Residential construction
- Institutional construction
- Industrial construction
- Commercial and/or industrial construction
- Advise on tendering procedures
- Utilize quantity take-off procedures
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems
- Project cash flow and financing requirements
- Prepare estimates for general expenses and overheads
- Prepare and maintain directory of supplies and trade contractors
- Monitor and adjust contract expenditures
- Estimate pre-contract costs
- Analyze tenders and recommend awards
- Prepare estimates of labour and/or material costs
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
Project Size Estimating Experience
- $1,500,001 - $4,000,000
- $100,001 - $500,000
- $500,001 - $1,500,000
- 0 - $100,000
Security and Safety
- Own transportation
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
- Parking paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Tight deadlines
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Health care plan
- Disability benefits
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
- Gasoline paid
Long term benefits
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Team building opportunities
- Wellness program
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in establishing and maintaining tendering processes, in setting up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures, and in preparing and maintaining directories of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
Interest in analyzing information to examine tenders and recommend tender awards, and to prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
Interest in negotiating contracts; and in managing and co-ordinating construction projects and preparing construction progress schedules
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.