EmployerPlanet Electric Ltd
Date PostedMay 02, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $30.00 to $34.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 01, 2022
Planet Electric Ltd
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Major Work Area
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Construction Electrician Red Seal Certificate
- Electrician Trade Certification
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Motors and controls
- Conventional electrical devices
5 years or more
- Supervise other workers
- Estimate costs and materials
- Determine appropriate selection of materials and methods for hazardous locations
- Design and construct single-phase service for single or multimeter installations
- Design and construct low voltage (30 to 750V) multiphase service for single or multimeter installations
- Professionalism in customer service
Area of Specialization
- Lighting system
- Security and surveillance system
- Emergency power system
- Fire alarm system
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults
- Test and measure voltage, loads, ground faults integrity of circuits
- Splice, join and connect wires
- Renovate electrical systems in residential and commercial structures
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Install, replace and repair electrical controls and panel boxes
- Install surface mount and/or overhead cables
- Install underground wiring and cables
- Connect power to audio and visual equipment
- Ground and bond electrical equipment, systems and structures including swimming pools and hot tubs
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Basic security clearance
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- At heights
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Willing to relocate
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
As per collective agreement
Transportation provided by employer
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 01, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of a system, following installation, replacement and repair
Interest in analyzing to troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems, and to remove and replace faulty components
Interest in speaking - signalling to conduct preventive maintenance programs; and in keeping maintenance records
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.