EmployerPlanet Electric Ltd
Date PostedSeptember 02, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $36.00 to $37.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Nov 01, 2022
Planet Electric Ltd
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- At heights
- Various locations
- Willing to relocate
- Professionalism in customer service
- Install underground wiring and cables
- Install, replace and repair electrical controls and panel boxes
- Design and construct single-phase service for single or multimeter installations
- Splice, join and connect wires
- Design and construct low voltage (30 to 750V) multiphase service for single or multimeter installations
- Test and measure voltage, loads, ground faults integrity of circuits
- Determine appropriate selection of materials and methods for hazardous locations
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults
- Connect power to audio and visual equipment
- Install surface mount and/or overhead cables
- Supervise other workers
- Ground and bond electrical equipment, systems and structures including swimming pools and hot tubs
- Estimate costs and materials
- Renovate electrical systems in residential and commercial structures
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Electrician Trade Certification
- Construction Electrician Red Seal Certificate
Equipment and machinery experience
- Conventional electrical devices
- Motors and controls
Area of specialization
- Emergency power system
- Fire alarm system
- Security and surveillance system
- Lighting system
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Tight deadlines
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
5 years or more
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
As per collective agreement
Transportation provided by employer
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of a system, following installation, replacement and repair
Interest in analyzing to troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems, and to remove and replace faulty components
Interest in speaking - signalling to conduct preventive maintenance programs; and in keeping maintenance records
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.