Construction Equipment Operator
EmployerStan Schmode Holdings Ltd.
Date PostedJune 01, 2022
Location Westlock, AB
Earnings $26.00 to $35.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 27, 2022
Stan Schmode Holdings Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Confined Space Entry Training
- Driver's License (Class 1 or A)
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Equipment and Machinery Experience
3 years to less than 5 years
Area of Work Experience
- Sloping and banking
- Rough grading
- Material handling
- Land clearing
- Haul road maintenance
- Fine grading and finishing
- Snow removal
- Stock piling
Utilize material safety data sheets (MSDS)
Type of Heavy Equipment Operated
- Operate forklift
- Industrial lift trucks and fork-lifts
- Gravel or dump truck
- Bulldozer, large or small
- Backhoe excavator, loader
- Front end loader
- Dump truck
Type of Industry Experience
- Road construction
- Residential construction
- Industrial/commercial/institutional (ICI) construction
- Secure special attachments to equipment
- Perform minor repairs to equipment
- Operate heavy equipment
- Operate hydraulic pumping systems
- Operate computer controlled equipment
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
Security and Safety
Driving record check (abstract)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Overtime required
Type of Trucking and Equipment
Ability to multitask
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating bulldozers and heavy dredging, paving and surfacing equipment to deepen waterways, reclaim earth fill, lay, spread and compact concrete, asphalt and other surface materials during highway and road construction; and in operating power shovels to excavate rock, ore and other materials from open-pit mines, strip mines, quarries and construction pits
Interest in comparing information to move, load and unload cargo and to clear brush and stumps before logging activities using bulldozers and other heavy equipment
Interest in conducting pre-operational checks on equipment and in cleaning, lubricating and refilling equipment, and in building roads at logging and surface mining sites using bulldozers and other heavy equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.