EmployerBUILD RITE HOMES LTD
Date PostedSeptember 09, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $37.50 hourly
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 09, 2022
BUILD RITE HOMES LTD
- Prepare estimates of labour and/or material costs
- Prepare elemental format estimates (Classes B, C, D)
- Prepare estimates for general expenses and overheads
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Estimate pre-contract costs
- Utilize quantity take-off procedures
- Advise on tendering procedures
- Analyze tenders and recommend awards
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems
- Monitor and adjust contract expenditures
- Prepare and maintain directory of supplies and trade contractors
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Hard hat
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in establishing and maintaining tendering processes, in setting up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures, and in preparing and maintaining directories of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
Interest in analyzing information to examine tenders and recommend tender awards, and to prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
Interest in negotiating contracts; and in managing and co-ordinating construction projects and preparing construction progress schedules
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.