Construction Labourer And Helper
EmployerEngineered Containment Inc.
Date PostedMay 05, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $23.00 to $25.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date May 19, 2022
Engineered Containment Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Confined Space Entry Training
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Small front end loaders
- Air compressors
- Circular saws
- Grinding machine
2 years to less than 3 years
- Water mains
- Underground and tunnel work
- Industrial, commercial and institutional
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Criminal record check
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- At heights
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Willing to travel
- Willing to travel regularly
- Valid driver's licence
- Travel expenses paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Staff accommodation available
- Remote location
- Various locations
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client focus
- Health care plan
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 19, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing to sort, clean and pile salvaged materials; in removing rubble and other debris using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment; in cleaning up chemical spills and other contaminants, and removing asbestos and other hazardous materials; and in directing traffic at, or near, construction sites
Interest in operating pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers; and in tending and feeding machines and equipment such as mixers, compressors and pumps
Interest in assisting to drill and blast rock, to align pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction and to demolish buildings using prying bars and other tools
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.