EmployerSureway Construction Ltd.
Date PostedMay 03, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $28.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 20  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 02, 2022
Sureway Construction Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
- Water mains
- Sidewalks and curbs
- Roads and bridges
- Industrial, commercial and institutional
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Mix, pour and spread materials
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Level earth to fine grade specifications
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites
- Assist heavy equipment operators
- Pave and rake asphalt
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
Security and Safety
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client focus
- Health care plan
- Disability benefits
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Jobs for Ukraine: This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 02, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing to sort, clean and pile salvaged materials; in removing rubble and other debris using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment; in cleaning up chemical spills and other contaminants, and removing asbestos and other hazardous materials; and in directing traffic at, or near, construction sites
Interest in operating pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers; and in tending and feeding machines and equipment such as mixers, compressors and pumps
Interest in assisting to drill and blast rock, to align pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction and to demolish buildings using prying bars and other tools
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.