Construction Site Foreman/Woman
EmployerPabyal Construction Inc.
Date PostedOctober 07, 2021
Location Chestermere, AB
Earnings $39.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Nov 06, 2021
Pabyal Construction Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Recruit and hire workers and carry out related staffing actions
- Read blueprint, schemas and drawings
- Prepare production and other reports
- Prepare bids
- Oversee apprenticeship training
- Hire and supervise activities of subcontractors
- Estimate costs and materials
- Prepare reports
- Residential construction
- Commercial and/or industrial construction
Type of Industry Experience
- Train or arrange for training
- Supervise workers and projects
- Select trade subcontractors and co-ordinate their activities
- Recommend personnel actions
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
- Plan and manage budgets
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress
- Oversee the analysis of data and information
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for quality control
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Co-ordinate and schedule activities
- Recruit, hire and supervise staff and/or volunteers
- Co-ordinate work activities with other project supervisors or managers
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Read blueprints and drawings
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
Ability to Supervise
- Team player
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Nov 06, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising the activities of workers who operate cranes and construction, paving, drilling, railway maintenance and other similar heavy equipment; may supervise activities of related workers
Interest in co-ordinating and scheduling the activities of workers on heavy construction equipment crews; and in resolving problems; may co-ordinate and schedule the activities of apprentices, helpers and labourers
Interest in understanding the functioning of equipment and machinery and procedures used by heavy construction equipment crews
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.