EmployerRoyal Camp Services Ltd
Date PostedJuly 21, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $280.00 to $300.00 daily (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 84 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 10  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 10, 2022
Royal Camp Services Ltd
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Staff accommodation provided
- Room and board provided
- Central food commissary
- Rural area
- Remote location
- Various locations
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Catering firm
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Cook (general)
- First cook
- Prep cook
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Order supplies and equipment
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Organize and manage buffets and banquets
- Manage kitchen operations
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
Food Safety Certificate
- South Indian
- German cuisine
- Italian cuisine
- East Indian
- Caribbean and Latin American cuisine
- Mediterranean cuisine
- Public transportation is not available
- Willing to travel
- Willing to travel for extended periods
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
5 years or more
On the road job
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
- On-site amenities
- On-site recreation and activities
- Transportation provided by employer
- Jobs for Ukraine: This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to monitor food and supplier inventory
Interest in precision working to prepare and cook complete meals and individual dishes and foods, and to prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitians and chefs
Interest in supervising kitchen helpers; and in overseeing subordinate personnel in the preparation, cooking and handling of food
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.