Cook, Small Establishment
EmployerGarneau/University Early Learning Centre Society
Date PostedMay 03, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $25.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date May 17, 2022
Garneau/University Early Learning Centre Society
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Safe Food Handling certificate
- Food Safety Certificate
- Cook Red Seal Certificate
- Cook Trade Certification
5 years or more
Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
School or educational institution/establishment
- Order supplies and equipment
- Manage kitchen operations
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you currently a student?
- What is your current level of study?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 17, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to monitor food and supplier inventory
Interest in precision working to prepare and cook complete meals and individual dishes and foods, and to prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitians and chefs
Interest in supervising kitchen helpers; and in overseeing subordinate personnel in the preparation, cooking and handling of food
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.