EmployerQuality Inn & Conference Centre
Date PostedJuly 19, 2021
Location Red Deer, AB
Earnings $17.00 to $19.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 02, 2021
Quality Inn & Conference Centre
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Analyze operating costs and other data
- Food safety/handling skills
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Overtime required
Ability to Supervise
- Staff in various areas of responsibility
- 5-10 people
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Aug 02, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to monitor food and supplier inventory
Interest in precision working to prepare and cook complete meals and individual dishes and foods, and to prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitians and chefs
Interest in supervising kitchen helpers; and in overseeing subordinate personnel in the preparation, cooking and handling of food
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.