EmployerLAS CANARIAS SERVICES CORP.
Date PostedSeptember 13, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $16.00 to $17.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 13, 2021
LAS CANARIAS SERVICES CORP.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Food Safety Certificate
- Cook Trade Certification
3 years to less than 5 years
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Analyze operating costs and other data
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Order supplies and equipment
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
Security and Safety
Work Site Environment
Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
Work Location Information
- Stocks, soups and sauces
- Meat, poultry and game
- Fish and seafood
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Oct 13, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to monitor food and supplier inventory
Interest in precision working to prepare and cook complete meals and individual dishes and foods, and to prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitians and chefs
Interest in supervising kitchen helpers; and in overseeing subordinate personnel in the preparation, cooking and handling of food
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.