EmployerGrande Prairie Regional Agricultural & Exhibition Society
Date PostedNovember 06, 2022
Location Grande Prairie, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 32 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 06, 2022
Grande Prairie Regional Agricultural & Exhibition Society
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Central food commissary
- Catering firm
- Fast food outlet or concession
- First cook
- Line cook
- Prep cook
- Second cook
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Order supplies and equipment
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Organize and manage buffets and banquets
- Manage kitchen operations
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Food Safety Certificate
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is not available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
2 years to less than 3 years
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Free parking available
- On-site recreation and activities
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to monitor food and supplier inventory
Interest in precision working to prepare and cook complete meals and individual dishes and foods, and to prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitians and chefs
Interest in supervising kitchen helpers; and in overseeing subordinate personnel in the preparation, cooking and handling of food
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.