EmployerNorman Ma Holdings Ltd.
Date PostedJanuary 11, 2023
Location Camrose, AB
Earnings $20.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 23, 2023
Norman Ma Holdings Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- Staff accommodation provided
- Rural area
- Remote location
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Formal dining room
Ranks of chefs
- Meat chef
- Fish chef
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Create new recipes
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
- Prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
1 to 2 people
- Cantonese cuisine
- Sushi preparation techniques
- Dim Sum
- Vegetables, fruits, nuts and mushrooms
- Stocks, soups and sauces
- Meat, poultry and game
- Fish and seafood
Security and safety
Criminal record check
Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Tight deadlines
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
2 years to less than 3 years
Health care plan
- Free parking available
- On-site amenities
- Team building opportunities
- Parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to monitor food and supplier inventory
Interest in precision working to prepare and cook complete meals and individual dishes and foods, and to prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitians and chefs
Interest in supervising kitchen helpers; and in overseeing subordinate personnel in the preparation, cooking and handling of food
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.