Counselling Program Supervisor
EmployerIRecover Treatment Centers Inc.
Date PostedOctober 07, 2021
Location Tees, AB
Earnings $36.15 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Nov 06, 2021
IRecover Treatment Centers Inc.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Membership in a provincial association of social workers
2 years to less than 3 years
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Windows
- MS Word
- MS Outlook
Supervise other counsellors, social service staff and assistants
- Rehabilitation centre and special health institution
- Residential treatment centre
- Follow up results of counselling programs and clients' adjustment
- Develop and implement counselling and intervention programs to assist clients in determining goals and means of attaining them
- Conduct vocational testing and psychometric assessment
- Identify additional/alternative services and provide referrals
- Interview clients, prepare case histories and assess problems
- Counsel clients, provide therapy and mediation services, and facilitate group sessions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling programs and interventions, and clients' progress in resolving identified problems and movement toward defined objectives
- Prepare assessment, progress, follow-up and court reports
- Liaise with community agencies or partners, and identify additional or alternative services and provide referrals
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
- On-site customer service
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Interpersonal awareness
- Values and ethics
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
#15 Main Street
Tees, Alberta T0C2N0
Nov 06, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in mentoring in order to counsel clients, and provide therapy and mediation services; and in assisting individuals and groups of clients to identify, understand and overcome personal problems and achieve personal objectives
Interest in co-ordinating information to develop and implement counselling and intervention programs to assist clients in determining goals and the means of attaining them; may conduct research, publish research papers, educational texts and articles
Interest in following up results of counselling programs and clients' adjustments; and in conducting vocational testing and psychometric assessment; may supervise other counsellors, social service staff and assistants
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.