Posted on Nov 25, 2020 by Masco Steel Industries Ltd.
Location Wetaskiwin, AB
Earnings $25.00 to $35.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jan 24, 2021
Masco Steel Industries Ltd.
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certificate
- Industrial Electrician Red Seal Certificate
- Electrician Trade Certification
- Boom Truck Crane Operator Trade Certification
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
- Aerial lift and aerial work platform Certification
Equipment and Machinery Experience
1 year to less than 2 years
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Service attachments and working tools
- Verify and repair emission control systems
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Willing to travel regularly
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- In shop
- Various locations
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Wetaskiwin, Alberta T9A2Y5
Jan 24, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.