Date PostedJune 09, 2022
Location Albright, AB
Earnings $23.86 hourly
Work Hours 32 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 18, 2022
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
Type of Industry Experience
- Furniture and fixtures manufacturing company
- Furniture upholstery and repair shop
- Operate sewing machines or sew by hand
- Lay out, cut, fabricate and install upholstery
- Replace worn-out webbing, springs and other furniture parts
- Repair furniture frames and refinish wood surfaces
- Discuss upholstery fabric, colour, and style with customers and provide cost estimate
- Tack, glue or sew ornamental trim, braids or buttons
- Garnish the bottom and the back of a seat with interoven rattan
Work Location Information
Specialization or Experience
- Seats for stadiums, halls etc.
- Marine cabin interiors and other furnishings
- Antique furniture and furnishings
Type of Materials
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to lay out, cut, fabricate and install upholstery in aircraft, motor vehicles, railway cars, boats and ships; may install, fabricate, maintain and repair interior components of aircraft, such as seats, coverings, drapes, cargo nets, flooring, closets, bins and panels
Interest in compiling information to install padding and underlays and to fasten covering materials to furniture frames
Interest in speaking with customers to discuss upholstery fabric, colour and style; may repair furniture frames and refinish wood surfaces
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.