There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Delivery Truck Driver
EmployerRiver City Event Rentals and Sales Ltd
Date PostedMarch 13, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $24.00 to $26.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 27, 2023
River City Event Rentals and Sales Ltd
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Urban area
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various items and products
- Professionalism in customer service
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Assemble, install and set-up merchandise/products
- Prepare, package and restock goods
- Transport and handle dangerous goods
- Load and unload goods
- Use maps and other trip planning aids
- Record trip information such as vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Class 5/5F/G Licence (cars, small trucks and other 2-axle vehicles)
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Driving record check (abstract)
Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Tight deadlines
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Overtime required
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
3 years to less than 5 years
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Involves supporting green economy sectors
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Team building opportunities
- Parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying to record information on pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems; and in performing pre-trip inspections of vehicles
Interest in driving automobiles, vans and light trucks
Interest in speaking to customers to sell products over established routes and accept and make payments for goods; may communicate with central dispatchers using cellular telephones and citizen's band (CB) radios
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.