Date PostedNovember 23, 2022
Location Lethbridge, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 32 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 23, 2022
- Prepare patients for dental examinations
- Order dental and office supplies
- Prepare dental instruments and filling materials
- Sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment
- Educate patients concerning oral hygiene
- Polish teeth and clinical crowns and apply fluoride and sealant
- Perform intra-oral duties
- Take and develop X-rays
- Record dental procedures performed on patients
- Fabricate and place temporary crowns and restorations
- Take preliminary impressions for diagnostic casts
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Membership in the Canadian Dental Assistants Association
- Registration with provincial or territorial authorities
- Certification by the National Dental Assisting Examining Board
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Outlook
- MS Windows
- MS Word
Security and safety
Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Tight deadlines
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Experience an asset
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to record dental procedures performed, order dental and office supplies, prepare dental instruments and filling materials, and to invoice patients; and in taking preliminary impressions for diagnostic casts
Interest in assisting dentists in patient care and treatment; and in educating patients concerning oral hygiene
Interest in operating equipment to sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment; in taking and developing X-rays, polishing teeth and clinical crowns and applying fluoride and sealant, and to fabricating temporary crowns and restorations
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.