Dental Clinical Assistant
EmployerSmile Dental Suite
Date PostedAugust 04, 2022
Location High Level, AB
Earnings $22.00 to $28.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 44 hours bi-weekly
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Sep 03, 2022
Smile Dental Suite
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Willing to relocate
- Prepare patients for dental examinations
- Order dental and office supplies
- Prepare dental instruments and filling materials
- Perform reception and clerical duties
- Sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment
- Educate patients concerning oral hygiene
- Polish teeth and clinical crowns and apply fluoride and sealant
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Perform intra-oral duties
- Take and develop X-rays
- Record dental procedures performed on patients
- Invoice patients for dental services
- Fabricate and place temporary crowns and restorations
- Take preliminary impressions for diagnostic casts
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Registration with provincial or territorial authorities
- Certification by the National Dental Assisting Examining Board
Security and Safety
- Immunization records
- Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Client focus
1 to less than 7 months
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
- Learning/training paid by employer
- On-site housing options
- Team building opportunities
- Transportation provided by employer
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to record dental procedures performed, order dental and office supplies, prepare dental instruments and filling materials, and to invoice patients; and in taking preliminary impressions for diagnostic casts
Interest in assisting dentists in patient care and treatment; and in educating patients concerning oral hygiene
Interest in operating equipment to sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment; in taking and developing X-rays, polishing teeth and clinical crowns and applying fluoride and sealant, and to fabricating temporary crowns and restorations
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.