Deskside Support Technician
Employer2278766 Alberta ltd
Date PostedJuly 27, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $31.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Sep 04, 2022
2278766 Alberta ltd
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
- Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
- Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
- Participate in the redesign of applications and other software
- Supervise other technical support workers in this group
- Provide business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Networking software
- Desktop applications
- Multimedia software
- Word processing software
- Presentation software
- Communication software
- Image editing software
- Programming software
- HTML editing software
- Website creation and management software
- Database software
- MS Office
- MS Windows
- Wireless networks
1 year to less than 2 years
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information from user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions; and in collecting, organizing and maintaining problems and solution logs for use by other technical support analysts
Interest in assisting computer users by assessing and responding to their technical difficulties; may supervise other technical support workers
Interest in precision working to provide first-line technical support and advice to computer users
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.