There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Disability Management Worker
EmployerMirkaCare Services Inc.
Date PostedMay 19, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $17.59 to $21.06 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 35 to 55 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time Leading to Full Time
Vacancies 16  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 02, 2023
MirkaCare Services Inc.
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Child welfare
- Personal and social adjustment and health (substance abuse, gambling, behaviour disorders)
- Socio-economic needs or conditions (housing, nutrition, unemployment, financial assistance)
- Early intervention programming for at-risk youth
- Crime prevention
- Programs dealing with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Programs dealing with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
- Group home
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Suicide prevention centre
- Urban area
- Private residence
- Obtain information and prepare reports or case histories
- Administrative and office activities
- Appraise clients' needs or eligibility for specific services
- Implement life skills workshops
- Assess client's relevant skill strengths and development needs
- Conduct follow-up assessments
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement the delivery of specific services within the community
- Housekeeping activities
- Food preparation
- Provide suicide and crisis intervention
- Resolve conflict situations
- Supervise activities of clients living in group homes and half-way houses
- Supervise children's visits with parents to ensure their safety
- Assist offenders in pre-release and release planning
- Implement substance abuse treatment programs
- Implement behaviour management programs
- Liaise with other social services agencies and health care providers involved with clients
- Maintain program statistics for purposes of evaluation and research
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of treatment programs
- Screen, recruit and train volunteers and support staff
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Accompany clients to appointments and social outings
- Supervise support staff
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Provide companionship
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
1 to 2 people
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Certificate
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) Certificate
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Behaviour management Certification
- Community disability studies Certificate
- Developmental services worker¿(DSW)¿Training
- HIGH FIVE training (principles of healthy child development)
- Intensive behavioural intervention Certification
- Mandt System training
- Mental health first aid Certificate
- Relationship development intervention (RDI) training
- Understanding and managing aggressive behaviour (UMAB) course
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate
- Cultural Awareness Training
- Medication Administration Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Health Care Aide Certificate
Area of specialization
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Child Abuse Registry check
- Child welfare check
- Adult Abuse Registry check
- Vulnerable sector check
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel regularly
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
3 years to less than 5 years
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Mileage paid
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in consulting with social assistance recipients and pensioners to advise and aid them in locating and utitizing a variety of community resources; in referring clients to other social services; in counselling clients living in group homes and halfway houses and assisting in pre-release and release planning; in providing crisis intervention and emergency-shelter services; and in co-ordinating volunteer activities of community and social services organizations
Interest in compiling information to participate in the selection and admission of clients to appropriate programs; to assess clients' relevant skill strengths and deficits; and in maintaining contact with other social service agencies and health care providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on clients' overall progress
Interest in assisting clients to sort out options and develop plans of action, and in implementing and organizing the delivery of life-skills workshops, substance-abuse treatment programs, behaviour management programs, youth services programs and other community and social service programs under the supervision of social workers and health care professionals
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.