EmployerWest Tanks Ltd.
Date PostedApril 29, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $30.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date May 29, 2022
West Tanks Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Dispatcher Specific Skills
- Record mileage, fuel use, repairs and other expenses
- Operate computer-aided communications and dispatching equipment
- Dispatch personnel according to schedules and work orders
- Schedule assignments and co-ordinate activities of vehicle operators, crews and equipment
- Keep track of shipments
- Follow-up on issues with work orders
- Knowledge of cross border dispatching regulations and practices
- Knowledge of highway trucking and associated rules and regulations
- Maintain vehicle operator work records
7 months to less than 1 year
- Maintain work records and logs
- Perform general office duties
- Monitor personnel workloads and locations
- Organize warehouse and work areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 29, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to maintain operator work records using computerized or manual methods; and in monitoring personnel workloads and locations
Interest in operating computer-aided communications and dispatching equipment to process and transmit information and instructions to co-ordinate the activities of vehicle operators, crews and equipment; and in dispatching personnel according to written schedules, work orders and as required by emergency situations
Interest in speaking with vehicle operators to advise on route and traffic problems such as construction, accidents, congestion, weather conditions and weight and size restrictions
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.