There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerBig Bang Logistics Inc
Date PostedMarch 14, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $29.50 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Apr 13, 2023
Big Bang Logistics Inc
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Ensure accuracy of completed time sheets, payroll and other summaries
- Ensure proper functioning of equipment
- Maintain work records and logs
- Monitor personnel workloads and locations
- Organize warehouse and work areas
- Perform general office duties
- Provide customer service
- Advise vehicle operators of traffic and other problems
- Assist with maintenance of communications equipment
- Dispatch personnel according to schedules and work orders
- Dispatch personnel as required by emergency situations
- Follow-up on issues with work orders
- Handle wake-up calls
- Keep track of shipments
- Knowledge of cross border dispatching regulations and practices
- Knowledge of highway trucking and associated rules and regulations
- Maintain vehicle operator work records
- Operate computer-aided communications and dispatching equipment
- Operate radio equipment
- Receive requests for emergency assistance or service
- Record mileage, fuel use, repairs and other expenses
- Schedule assignments and co-ordinate activities of vehicle operators, crews and equipment
Computer and technology knowledge
- Dispatch management service software
- Mapping and data visualization software
- Monitoring and tracking software
- Word processing software
- Database software
- Electronic mail
- Electronic scheduler
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
- MS Windows
- Tow truck
Security and safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Drug test
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Work under pressure
7 months to less than 1 year
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to maintain operator work records using computerized or manual methods; and in monitoring personnel workloads and locations
Interest in operating computer-aided communications and dispatching equipment to process and transmit information and instructions to co-ordinate the activities of vehicle operators, crews and equipment; and in dispatching personnel according to written schedules, work orders and as required by emergency situations
Interest in speaking with vehicle operators to advise on route and traffic problems such as construction, accidents, congestion, weather conditions and weight and size restrictions
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.