Date PostedSeptember 13, 2022
Location Medicine Hat, AB
Earnings 50% commission per piece
Work Hours 10 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time Leading to Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 07, 2022
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Keep records of animals treated
- Pet clipping and styling
- Ear cleaning
- Maintain and order supplies
- Flea baths
- Nail clipping
- Teeth cleaning
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Pet Grooming Certificate
Type of Pets Groomed
- All breeds of dogs
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Standing for extended periods
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
Experience an asset
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Long term benefits
Free parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to monitor and document animal behaviour, and to prepare food and feed animals, fish and birds at scheduled intervals
Interest in assisting scientists and researchers in conducting laboratory tests with animals; and in using equipment for grooming animals
Interest in handling and nurturing animals when grooming and when assisting breeders; and in training dogs to obey commands and perform specific duties in response to signals
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.