EmployerPunjab Texture Ltd.
Date PostedAugust 31, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $28.85 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Sep 30, 2022
Punjab Texture Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- At heights
- Urban area
- Various locations
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Spray acoustic or texture materials over walls and ceilings
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Prepare wall and ceiling layouts
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Hard hat
- Team player
1 to less than 7 months
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.