Drywall Installer And Finisher
EmployerTITAN Construction (1989) Ltd.
Date PostedDecember 30, 2021
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $28.00 to $32.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 11, 2022
TITAN Construction (1989) Ltd.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
Area of Specialization
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Urban area
- Various locations
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
Plasterer Specific Skills
- Spray acoustic or texture materials over walls and ceilings
- Mix plaster ingredients to desired consistency
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
Drywall Installer and Finisher Specific Skills
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
Lather Specific Skills
- Install exterior and interior steel studs
- Install vapour barriers and thermal and sound insulation
- Install metal stud framing and furring for interior drywall or plaster walls and ceilings, using hand and power tools
- Cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets
- Prepare wall and ceiling layouts
- Install corner beads and wire mesh around beams to which plaster is to be applied
- Install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboard or lath
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 11, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.