There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Drywall Installer And Finisher
EmployerKleanchem Cleaning & Maintenance Inc.
Date PostedMarch 03, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $20.00 hourly
Work Hours 48 to 60 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 12, 2023
Kleanchem Cleaning & Maintenance Inc.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- At heights
- Remote location
- Rural area
- Urban area
- Various locations
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Mix plaster ingredients to desired consistency
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Spray acoustic or texture materials over walls and ceilings
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Trowel or spray coats of stucco over exteriors of buildings to form weatherproof surfaces
- Prepare wall and ceiling layouts
1 to 2 people
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- First Aid Certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
Security and safety
Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Sound discrimination
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
1 year to less than 2 years
On the road job
Health care plan
As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
- Free parking available
- On-site amenities
- Transportation provided by employer
- Parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.