EmployerRush Management Ltd.
Date PostedOctober 29, 2021
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $29.50 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 07, 2021
Rush Management Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
First Aid Certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Supervise other workers
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Instruct apprentices
- Estimate costs and materials
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Large workload
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
Plasterer Specific Skills
- Mix plaster ingredients to desired consistency
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- Trowel or spray coats of stucco over exteriors of buildings to form weatherproof surfaces
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
Drywall Installer and Finisher Specific Skills
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 07, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.