EmployerWHITEHAWK CONTRACTORS LTD
Date PostedDecember 14, 2021
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $30.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 16, 2022
WHITEHAWK CONTRACTORS LTD
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Large workload
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
Work Location Information
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
Plasterer Specific Skills
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- Trowel or spray coats of stucco over exteriors of buildings to form weatherproof surfaces
- Mould and install ornamental plaster panels, cornices and trim
Drywall Installer and Finisher Specific Skills
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
Lather Specific Skills
- Utilize laser alignment system
- Attach metal or gypsum lath to studs or furring
- Prepare wall and ceiling layouts
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 16, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.