Employer2078759 ALBERTA LTD.
Date PostedApril 28, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $27.50 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date May 28, 2022
2078759 ALBERTA LTD.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
Work Location Information
- Team player
Plasterer Specific Skills
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
Drywall Installer and Finisher Specific Skills
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
Lather Specific Skills
Install metal stud framing and furring for interior drywall or plaster walls and ceilings, using hand and power tools
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 28, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.