EmployerUnique Drywall Ltd
Date PostedSeptember 01, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $31.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 5  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 01, 2022
Unique Drywall Ltd
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Manual dexterity
- Standing for extended periods
- Team player
7 months to less than 1 year
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.